MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regarding db2 sqlcode -906

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirank
Beginner

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Regarding db2 sqlcode -906 Reply with quote

Hi,

i'm getting -906 sql error code at the time of opening the cursor. The job is abending with U4038. Please let me know what are the reasons for -906 and U4038 abend. I've searched the forum and got the information about U4038. But Please let me know the reasons for -906.

Regards,
kiran.
bauer
Intermediate

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirank,

this is the explaination of SQL - 906, see DB2 Messages an codes.

Do you have any reason code ?

-906 THE SQL STATEMENT CANNOT BE EXECUTED BECAUSE THIS FUNCTION IS DISABLED DUE TO A PRIOR ERROR Explanation: Execution of the SQL statement failed because the requested function had been disabled by a prior error. This situation can arise if the application program has intercepted an abend (for instance, by an ON ERROR condition in a PL/I program) and continued to execute SQL statements. This situation may also arise if a DB2 CICS transaction encountered a create thread error yet continued to issue SQL requests without issuing a SYNCPOINT ROLLBACK first. System action: The statement cannot be executed. Programmer response: In general, an application program should terminate upon receipt of this return code. All subsequent attempts by the application to execute other SQL statements will also fail with the same return code. In the case of a DB2 CICS transaction, if the SQLERRP field in the SQLCA contains the module name DSNCEXT1, the transaction may issue a SYNCPOINT ROLLBACK and continue processing. If the transactions chooses to ROLLBACK and continue processing, it must be capable of correcting the situation that caused the create thread error to occur originally. SQLSTATE: 51005

regards bauer
bauer
Intermediate

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirank,

this is the explaination of SQL - 906, see DB2 Messages an codes.

Do you have any reason code ?

-906 THE SQL STATEMENT CANNOT BE EXECUTED BECAUSE THIS FUNCTION IS DISABLED DUE TO A PRIOR ERROR Explanation: Execution of the SQL statement failed because the requested function had been disabled by a prior error. This situation can arise if the application program has intercepted an abend (for instance, by an ON ERROR condition in a PL/I program) and continued to execute SQL statements. This situation may also arise if a DB2 CICS transaction encountered a create thread error yet continued to issue SQL requests without issuing a SYNCPOINT ROLLBACK first. System action: The statement cannot be executed. Programmer response: In general, an application program should terminate upon receipt of this return code. All subsequent attempts by the application to execute other SQL statements will also fail with the same return code. In the case of a DB2 CICS transaction, if the SQLERRP field in the SQLCA contains the module name DSNCEXT1, the transaction may issue a SYNCPOINT ROLLBACK and continue processing. If the transactions chooses to ROLLBACK and continue processing, it must be capable of correcting the situation that caused the create thread error to occur originally. SQLSTATE: 51005

regards bauer
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Database All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: