MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why does ssidDBM1 use so much auxiliary storage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batsaali
Beginner

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Why does ssidDBM1 use so much auxiliary storage? Reply with quote

Hello!

I am relatively new in this business so excuse me if my question is not so correctly asked! There is a problem on one system after migration of DB2 from V7 to V8 in Compatibility Mode on an LPAR running Z/OS 1.7 . The ssidDBM1 address space is consuming too much auxiliary storage. A bigger problem though is that it's auxiliary storage needs are gradually increasing and not being released eventually leading to auxiliary storage shortage. Restarting the subsystems does the trick but just for 1-2 weeks. There are 5 DB2 subsystems on that LPAR all of them using the same load libraries and all of them have this same problem.
Did anyone here experience similar problems and could you please point me to any APARs describing that problem (like if they were set too big)?
As I realized the problem may be as well in incorrect bufferpools settings. During migration from V7 to v8 in CM I have used the virtual bufferpool sizes the same as they were set in V7. Now if they may be too big or not I realized it was not so easy to determine. I am not so familiar with creating reports.
I would appreciate if anyone could give me any example job that how to create a specific report displaying just the some statistics about the average bufferpool usage so I can try to lower them if they are too big.
Another option as I
videlord
Beginner

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many storage used?
get a DB2PM statistics report, you can see the BPool EDM pool usage.
sample jcl can be found in DB2 PE manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Database All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: