MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem in formating

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Job Control Language(JCL)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shankarganesh_gopal
Beginner

Topics: 20

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: problem in formating Reply with quote

I have an input file and need to FTP to client. I have 3 records in the Input file and the data is in EBCDIIC. When I do FTP, all 3 records are appearing in same line. I think we need to append Carriage Return Key to the end of each record in Mainframe file before we do FTP. I would like to Know, what is the Carriage REturn Key in EBCDIIC.

Very Important.
THanks,
Shankar
superk
Advanced

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such concept as a "carriage-return" or "line-feed" in an EBCDIC dataset. You're thinking of an inter-record seperator (IRS), which in EBCDIC is a hex '15'.

An IRS value already exists in your EBCDIC data, and if transmitted in EBCDIC mode, will be retained at the remote site to ensure data integrity. If the data is transmitted in ASCII mode, then the IRS is translate into an ASCII "Carriage-Return/Line-Feed (CRLF)", depending on the value set in your FTP session's "SBSENDEOL" parameter. If the data is transmitted in BINARY mode, then the IRS will be lost and the data will appear as a binary datastream, without any record structure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Job Control Language(JCL) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: