MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deleting a particular record in TSQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mainfrae
Beginner

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Deleting a particular record in TSQ Reply with quote

Hi
I am new to CICS and i am having a requirement like below,

User can enter records(ie) inputs in mulitple lines (rows) in a screen(limit upto 50 rows) and at the same time if he wish to delete a particular line or row after he inserted, he can give an option d at the side of the particular row so that the corresponding row is deleted in the screen itself.

So i planned to store the screen values in TSQ and process according to the logic, but in case if i want to delete a particular row in screen, is it possible for me to delete that particular record which is in TSQ because i am storing in TSQ.Is it possible?

If i am wrong, could you give me a better logic to follow or approach

thanks
manifrae
shekar123
Advanced

Topics: 90

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mainfrae,

I am assuming that your are storing 50 records in a TSQ using ITEM number concept as you are having 50 lines (each record corresponding to 1 line) .You can delete a record from a TSQ using ITEM Number.Here in this case i am trying to delete 35 record in a TSQ.Hope it helps.
Code:

01 WS-ITEMNO PIC 9(02) VALUE 0.
PROCEDURE DIVISION.
   MOVE 35 TO WS-ITEMNO.
   EXEC CICS DELETEQ TS QUEUE('NAME')
      ITEM(WS-ITEMNO)
      RESP(WS-RESP-CODE)
   END-EXEC.

If you want to delete all the records from the entire queue (make empty TSQ ) try this:
Code:

EXEC CICS DELETEQ TS QUEUE('NAME') END-EXEC.

PaulPeplinski
Beginner

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleteq ts syntax - cics/ts 2.3. item is not a parameter.

>> DELETEQ TS QUEUE(name) ><
QNAME(name) SYSID(systemname)
Conditions: INVREQ, ISCINVREQ, LOCKED, NOTAUTH, QIDERR,
SYSIDERR

This command is threadsafe.
mainfrae
Beginner

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, What paul said is correct. Item is not a parameter In DELETE TSQ syntax.I think i can't use DELETE TSQ syntax for deleting a particular record in the TSQ. Still i haven't got a clear picture of how to do it?
2 Things i want to know about this:
1) Before deleting from TSQ , i will move the records into the working storage section array and continue deleting from TSQ.After that i will use the working storage array for further processing.Is it possible?
2) If the above step is ok, i want to thru back the screen after removing the deleted rows.(eg) if i have 5 rows in the screen and i deleted the 3rd row and again i want to thru 4 rows in the screen after the process. My question is if i am using the working storage array, how to do that?

Could you give some idea about it

thanks
mainfrae
pratap_mf
Beginner

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mainfrae,

one solution to your problem is add a one byte FLAG field in the Record to keep track of record status.

01 ws-Record.
03 ws-data x(50).
03 ws-flag x(01).

For exapmle if user deletes a line, REWRITE this record with FLAG as 'D'(deleted). While displaying the records on screen, display the records which don't have FLAG as 'D'.

I hope this solves your problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: