MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monitoring jobs and notifying info

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarangadhar
Beginner

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Monitoring jobs and notifying info Reply with quote

Hi,
I need to get an email once a job abends or finishes successfully. Is there any way to monitor the jobs completion/abend? (returns jobname, RC and abended step if it abends and time and other details possible.)

I can send emails if I have the status/details in a dataset. I can send this dataset thru email. So it is enough if a dataset is created with the information about job completion/abend. (Bcoz we have jobs that run through out the day. And these will not abend frequently. So I feel its better if we have a tool that monitors, so that one need not stay and monitor jobs.)
Sarangadhar
Beginner

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to the above.....
I can't change the existing jobs that i need to monitor. Monitor process should be separate.
Bithead
Advanced

Topics: 23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use CA-OPS/MVS on one LPAR and Netview on another to trap IEF450I messages and then take action which includes email.
superk
Advanced

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use AutoOPERATOR to trap both the IEF404I and IEF450I messages, pass the collected information through a simple table, and generate email messages for proper notifications.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: