MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

keep data when send map and return to program

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fab01
Beginner

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: keep data when send map and return to program Reply with quote

Hi,
In an another post, i start and read next an AIX (alternate index which key is not unique)
In my program which is a cics programm, i read this AIX file and transfer data on a workig storage.
When all the screen lines are full, i 'send' the map.
When the user uses a fonction key to see the next page, the program has lost all the information and the exec cics read next makes en eibresp = 16 (INVREQ).
There's a solution:
To save the last key in the commarea but in my case, i can't because the index key is not unique. I 'm not interested by reading all the record and saving it into an array or into ts files.
So, is there any option when you read files which permit me to keep the pointer when returing into the program?
Thanks a lot
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabo01,

It depends on the requirement how the user wants the data.

Let us say the last key has 5 duplicates and you only displayed 2 duplicates the first time. Now when the user press PF8 then do you want to show the other 3 duplicates or do you want to show the next records?

If you want to see the next record then save the last key and retrieve the records greater than the saved last key !

Hope this helps...

Cheers

kolusu
fab01
Beginner

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
I thouhgt about it but my AIX is define as non unique KEY. The whole Key is not unique.
For example the key of my aix is the name of the person.
Let us say that we have 5 duplicates DUPONT and i display 2 DUPONT. Before sending map i save my last record key which is DUPONT. When the user press F8, i do a startbroswe with dupont and finally i 'm on the first record instead of being on the 3rd record because the key of my AIX is only the name.

see you later
programmgr
Beginner

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
can u add a field in the commarea that will store the seq no of the dup alt iindx
as in the example .. ws-seq will be 2 before doing a send map ..

then aftr application program is executed again (when user nters pf8 or something )

skip the first 2 recs based on the sequenc nbr ..

lt me knw if am nt clear or wrong

Regards
Boban
gharisankar
Beginner

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fab01,
Assume the below scenerio.

AIXKEY Baseclusterkey
--------- ------------------
Name1 Base1
Name1 Base2
Name1 Base3
Name1 Base4
Name1 Base5

Your first screen ends at Name1 Base3. Now store the Base Cluster key& AIX Key in commarea. When press PF8, by using AIX key STARTBR, this will locate the 1 st occurance, but check the base clusterkey also. It won't match, check until matching found. When you reached the 3 rd occurance (Name1 ,Base 3), you will match the record and then move the values to Mapfields. I hope this will work..
please correct me if there is any wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: