MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cobol Version

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sejjobs
Beginner

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Cobol Version Reply with quote

Hi
We are planning for migration our old cobols to Enterprise cobol, now we are taking the inventory of our cobol programs, our problem is we struck up in finding the Cobol version, what we came to know is we can find the cobol version using load module's CSECT Information, is this true? if so how can we find that, i.e. what tools can we use to find the same, and i also came to know that we can use DFSort to find the CSECT Information if so how to use DFSort to find the same, or please let us know what other tools we can use to find

thanks and regards
Sejjobs
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sejjobs,

I don't think there is an easier way to find out the version of the cobol program. You can compile all the programs and look in the sysprint for the version of the compiler. The first line in your compiler listing will give you the version of the cobol

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Kolusu
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: