MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C equivalent of ASM SWAREQ Macro

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicente_garcia
Beginner

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: C equivalent of ASM SWAREQ Macro Reply with quote

Hello list.

I'm writing a C program that needs to retrieve the PROCNAME and STEPNAME of the current JOB. I know the MVS structures that hold this information but MVS Manual's refers to an ASSEMBLER macro to convert certain data to valid pointers. I've the possibility to perform a call to an external ASM routine but it will be nice if all the application is pure C.

I know about Gilbert Saint-Flour's Rexx port of SWAREQ macro and I was thinking about the possibility that someone have rewrited this code into C and would like to share it.

Thank you all

Regards
Vicente
semigeezer
Supermod

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

procname and stepname are in the tiot. you only need swareq if you are going to be interpreting the tioejfcb 'pointer' (I think that is the name, it has been many years since I looked at the tiot.) If you are going to run the tiot, converting Gilbert's code to C should be a pretty easy task though. It is only a few lines in Rexx and C has all the intrisic functions needed. The algorithm he used is published in one of the books, but I can't recall offhand which one it is. Probably the debugging book(s).
vicente_garcia
Beginner

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello semigeezer

As you said, TIOT structure have the information I was looking for, so no SWAREQ funtionality is needed at this moment.

Thank you

Vicente
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: