MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Differents between ISPLLIB and STEPLIB/LNKLST

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlbertoP
Beginner

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Differents between ISPLLIB and STEPLIB/LNKLST Reply with quote

Hi there,

This morning I've had the nest problem: the DB2 person added some libraries to the TSO CLIST to put QMF opperative, such as SADMMOD. This library was added to ISPLLIB. After this, when I tryed to access to RMF monitor III from my TSO session I got abend 806-04, failing to find module ADME000O, which is in the previously referred data set. First of all, I do not undertand why Monitor III need to allocate this library. But the main reason of this message is to find out is why my TSO session did not find the module, even when it was allocate in ISPLLIB. I solved this item adding the library to linklist, and I suspect I had also solved it by putting it in STEPLIB in the logon procedure. So I don't understand well what the different between allocating in ISPLLIB and allocating in STEPLIB is. Could anybody explain it?

Thanks.
Maton_Man
Beginner

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very simplistically speaking...

The Linklist is where you put load libraries which have modules that must run in an authorised state. Libraries in the Linklist are accessible by everything and everyone in MVS. For example, it is where you would put the load libraries for all your MVS and a lot of your 3rd party software.

ISPLLIB is where you put load modules that you want to make available to your ISPF session. These load modules would include references to ISPF services and do not need to run in an authorised state. You do not allocate CLIST libraries to ISPLLIB. Refer to Topic 1.6.5 Allocating CLIST, REXX, and Program Libraries in the z/OS V1R5.0 User's Guide Volume I.

STEPLIB is where you put libraries which contain load modules that you want to ensure get executed in preference to those found in any other library accessible to you. It is the first place the system looks for a load module that you want to execute. You usually only need to use a STEPLIB if the load module is not in the Linklist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: