MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgraded versions of the EHIxxxx macros

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prino
Banned

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Upgraded versions of the EHIxxxx macros Reply with quote

Hi all,

Over the last few weeks I've done some work on my family of REXX execs that convert z/OS assembler, Cobol, JCL, PL/I, REXX and, as yet limited, SuperC output into HTML that closely resembles the ISPF HILITE'ing (See File # 769 R. Prins' edit macros to convert code/text into HTML on the CBTTAPE.ORG site) Some of the changes are:

• the Javascript code to produce the fancy scrollable ISPF like HTML has been updated and works again in Firefox 3.x.x. The code in the file on the CBTTAPE.ORG site in the link above does NOT work anymore in FF3.x.x, it will end up in an endless loop!
  • fixed a bug in the PL/I and REXX parsing code that would lead to the '*** Bottom of Data ***' line being concatenated to the last dataline when using Regina
  • all generated HTML is now completely W3C "XHTML 1.0 Strict" compliant
  • translate '<', '>', '"' and '&' in SuperC output to HTML entities
  • the addition of 'GETVAR', and using it to retrieve some potentially site-specific data, making it easier to customise the code. The change was triggered by RACF limitations on the final qualifier at my current employer.
  • process all(?) SuperC LINE compare output. SuperC FILE, WORD and BYTE compare output is not yet supported, feel free to give me a hand Wink
  • addition of an 'HTML extension' selection field on the options pop-up
  • addition of an 'HTML font' selection field on the options pop-up
  • brought PL/I keywords up to the level of Enterprise PLI V3.8.0
  • used BPXWDYN for non-DSNAME allocations, following discussion in bit.listserv.tsorexx about the inability of LISTDSI to retrieve the dsname of VIO datasets
  • brought the PL/I keywords up to Enterprise PL/I V3.8
However, before committing them to the CBTTAPE site, I'd like you to give them a go and drop me a line if you find any problems. I would especially like to hear about any problems processing SuperC LINE compare output, most other code is near unchanged and I've not had any complaints about it in the past few years. However, be aware that my code is better than the IBM code as far as JCL is concerned - the editor gets its knickers in a twist with in-stream data and that I have made minor tweaks to the appearance of the SuperC LINE compare summary sections, to make it more consistent.

If you want a copy of the code, send a plain text email to "hilite(a)prino(d)org" (or a private message, with your email address, on this forum) and make sure the subject contains "[HILITE]". In return you will get an Authenticity Verified RAR'ed (Sorry, no ZIP!) XMIT file. You can either upload this to the big iron and receive it, or use one of the UnXmit tools for the PC and try the code using Regina. I have no access (ie cannot be bothered to install it!) to ooREXX, so any reports on using the routines with that version of REXX are more than welcome, but I don't expect any problems.

Please send your request ASAP, I don't really want to send out more than two batches of emails.

Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: