MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Temp Storage question

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stansaraczewski
Beginner

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Temp Storage question Reply with quote

My challenge is an assembler program that is abending on a item error after a read ts.

The situation is complicated by the user not being able to reproduce the error on demand... happens some of the time.

Another issue is that no diagnostic tools are available (other than CEDF of course).

The code is part of a very large system that is perhaps nearly 30 years old. It has many macros that produce the exec cics statements. The one I am concerned about is the write ts that creates the ts items that are read on re-entry... it has a nohandle specified, and is dealing with aux... the vsam temp storage dataset.

I've been away from CICS applications work for a number of years, but do recall from those 'old days' that specifying 'aux' wasn't good, and of course the nohandle will ignore errors.

Does anyone have any thoughts that they'd like to share ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: