CICS Load Refresh:
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> CICS and Middleware

#1: CICS Load Refresh: Author: Muthusaravanan PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:06 am
    —
Hi,

I have done changes to map and assembled both physical and symbolic. I refreshed the load using CEMT SET PROG(XXXX) NEWCOPY. I could see the changes in effect if I use CECI SEND MAP(XXX) MAPSET(XXX).

But if I run thru the transaction, the same is not visible. I am getting similar problem with Progam changes also. To understand the problem, I deleted the load from CICS library and did NEWCOPY, got the PGMID error. Then I ran the transaction expecting PGMID Error. But it went fine with previous copy.

Also note that when the region goes down/up, the changes are effective.
If my understanding is correct, how to delete the buffer copy referring old version from the CICS?

Thanks

#2:  Author: ANDY PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:28 pm
    —
After you compile MAPSET, you can use CEDA I MAPSET by group to make new MAPSET effective without restarting your region.

#3:  Author: warp5Location: Germany PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:28 am
    —
If you changed the map, like added new fields or changed the size of fields, then you also have to recompile your program to pick up those changes (you have to pick up the new copy book created by the map generation). When you deleted the map and did a newcopy it failed, so the last copy was probably still in storage.

MVSFORUMS.com -> CICS and Middleware

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1