Trap the PDS Name
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> Job Control Language(JCL)

#1: Trap the PDS Name Author: Venkata Ramana ReddyLocation: California PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:53 pm
    —
I have to trap the PDS name from where I submit the JCL. Is there a way to do it..

#2:  Author: DibakarLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:22 pm
    —
how are you submitting the job? you can make a macro that will trap the name and submit the jcl. but then you will have to open it in edit/view mode.

#3:  Author: Venkata Ramana ReddyLocation: California PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:08 am
    —
I want to know the PDS name before hand( before submitting the JCL).Is there any system static variable(like &SYSUID) which gives me the PDS name from where I am submitting the JCL.

#4:  Author: DibakarLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:50 pm
    —
I understand that you want to write a JCL which on execution will be able to tell the name of its PDS.

I have another question - Is it possible to write a program in any language to tell the name of its source file on execution. If yes, I would like to see the corresponding code.

Regards,
Dibakar.

#5:  Author: DibakarLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:30 am
    —
Venkataramana,

I know it's very late but still for sake of completion, this has a REXX code to do the stuff, which you can put in you job.

Diba.

MVSFORUMS.com -> Job Control Language(JCL)

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1