Jes2 node name
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> Job Control Language(JCL)

#1: Jes2 node name Author: mwdazzo PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:25 pm
    —
I need to use the /*xmit jcl statement in a jes2 environment to send a job to another lpar on the same physical box. The xmit statement needs the node name of the system I am sending the job to. Where can I find the node name of a jes2 system? Thanks

#2:  Author: shekar123Location: Bangalore India PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:55 pm
    —
mwdazzo,

Go to ISPF option 7.3 and scroll down to see the value of the variable ZSYSNODE.Hope this helps.

#3:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:59 pm
    —
mwdazzo,

check these links

http://www.mvsforums.com/helpboards/viewtopic.php?t=4854&highlight=zsysnode

http://www.mvsforums.com/helpboards/viewtopic.php?t=3581&highlight=zsysnode

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Kolusu

#4:  Author: Bill DennisLocation: Iowa, USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:32 am
    —
Looking for NODENAMEs of other systems? If you are authorized, go to SDSF screen 'NODE' to see the other nodes connected to your system.

#5:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:40 am
    —
Bill Dennis wrote:
Looking for NODENAMEs of other systems? If you are authorized, go to SDSF screen 'NODE' to see the other nodes connected to your system.

or you can type WHO at the command prompt on SDSF and look for sysname or sysplex variable.

Kolusu

#6:  Author: Bill DennisLocation: Iowa, USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:29 pm
    —
Yes, kolusu, that shows your OWN nodename but I read mwdazzo's request such that he is looking for nodenames of other systems to receive his job. The SDSF panel 'NODE' shows these.

#7: Jes2 node Names Author: mwdazzo PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:15 am
    —
Thanks for your help, but I have another question. I found a job that is using /*xmit to transmit jcl to a another jes2 lpar on the same frame. The sample is below

//ST1XMATT JOB (,TECH),'MATT-TECH',CLASS=P,MSGCLASS=X,
// REGION=0M,USER=ST1MAT
/*XMIT N2 DLM=AA
//ST1TBR14 JOB (,TECH),'MATT-TECH',CLASS=P,MSGCLASS=X,
// REGION=0M,USER=ST1MAT

My question is how does jes know where N2 is? Also, on the recieving system I can not find where N2 is defined, je20 is the jes node name on the recieving system. Any ideas?

#8:  Author: Bill DennisLocation: Iowa, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:33 pm
    —
Every NODE has a number and a name. NODE(2) may be called JE20 but they both mean the same thing. The JES2PARMs define the nodes, names.

Can you do the $DNODE(2) command or see the SDSF screen 'NODE'?

#9: jes node name Author: mwdazzo PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:29 pm
    —
Thank you Bill, the jes display command helped connect all the dots.

MVSFORUMS.com -> Job Control Language(JCL)

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1