Migration project - VS Cobol II to Cobol VM
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> Application Programming

#1: Migration project - VS Cobol II to Cobol VM Author: suree PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:25 am
    —
Hi all,
1. What are the difference between VS Cobol & VM Cobol.?..Is there any document is available on this forum.If yes can you please send the link?
2. Any tool(free download) is available for this migration?

#2:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:07 pm
    —
suree,

check this link for migration manuals.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/FINDBOOK?filter=cobol

In the link pay attention to the 8th, 9th and the 10th manuals. They discuss in detail about the migration. As for the tools I don't think any of the available tools are free. IBM has CCCA tool which does the conversion for you.check this link for CCCA

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IGYCCM01/CCONTENTS

As for the differences between the versions it is mostly related to the syntax and some intrinsic functions.The migration manuals explains the changes with each version

Hope this helps...

cheers

kolusu
8)

#3:  Author: suree PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:24 pm
    —
Thanks Kolusu..I have gone thru the document.It is very helpful for me to understand the things clearly.We are planning to develop a tool in VB for this conversation.Is anyway to upload the tool to this site?(Which may be helpful for others).Once again thanks for your prompt response.

Cheers
Suree

#4:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:11 pm
    —
Suree,

Thanks for sharing the tool.I Would really appreciate if you can send us the tool and I will upload it the tools section which can be downloaded by other members when needed.

Thanks

Kolusu

MVSFORUMS.com -> Application Programming

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1