Lockmax-904
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> Database

#1: Lockmax-904 Author: abracadabraLocation: India PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:29 am
    —
What is the significance of LOCKMAX in SYSIBM.SYSTABLESPACE? Does LOACKMAX=-1 mean that the tablespace is locked? I am trying to update a table and getting -904.

#2:  Author: HimeshLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:50 am
    —
Hi,

The LOCKMAX parameter is used by DB2 to decide on when to escalate a lock.

Could you pls refer to the following PDF
DB2 UDB Administration Guide

An excerpt from the same:
Quote:
LOCKMAX n
Specifies the maximum number of page or row locks that a single application
process can hold on the table space before those locks are escalated

I guess you need to first find out about the process(s), that actually is acquiring the locks and then look at eliminating the same by re-visiting your application/database design.

The chapter on "Improving concurrency" will be of immense help in this regard.

regards,
himesh

#3:  Author: chanm PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:17 pm
    —
Is it a program that you are using to update the table?. If yes are you doing commits in between?. This problem generally occurs if the number of locks of your program is trying to acquire exceeded the number defined in IRLM(Internal resource lock manager).

Hope it helps.

#4:  Author: mdizon02 PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:49 am
    —
hi, i am having the same problem, and yes my program is doing several commits in between. How do I sove this?

Thanks.

#5:  Author: Manas BiswalLocation: Chennai, India PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:09 am
    —
abracadabra, mdizon02,

Whats the problem here. LOCKMAX set to -1 only means that you have set the LOCKMAX as SYSTEM in your tablespace create (or alter). This is always recommended in most situations unless you are experienced and comfortable in tuning it.
Is your problem the -1 value or are you getting a lot of lock escalations?

Regards,
Manas

MVSFORUMS.com -> Database

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1