MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CEDF mode takes more time

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarav80
Beginner

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: CEDF mode takes more time Reply with quote

Hi

When i check my transaction using cedf mode,it takes more time to show the result and some times my window gets hanged.Can any one tell me what might be the reason for this delay and how to make it fast.

-Saravanan
warp5
Intermediate

Topics: 18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CEDF is a trace tool that steps through your EXEC CICS commands. When you enter CEDF (on an empty screen) it will confirm that CEDF has been started on that terminal. Start your transaction and you will see EXEC CICS commands presented to you one by one. Your question is therefore very vague - a trace naturally takes more time and you gave no information where and how your window "hangs".
GuruRaj
Beginner

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
when they try cedf their screen gets hanged is there any way to cancel the user or force the user
Mike Chantrey
Intermediate

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The normal way to release the user's task to allow it to run through is to terminate the CEDF session. Is there some reason that you can't do this?

If both CEDF and the user session are locked up, the tasks will need to be purged or killed. This facility is often restricted to CICS sysprogs and operators. It can be done either with a CICS monitor product like Omegamon/CICS or Mainview, or if these are not available, using the CEMT transaction.
GuruRaj
Beginner

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
when we use cedf screen gets hanged and i close the screen,
(i close my emulator screen) then i try to logon it says already logon
how can i solve this problem.
Mike Chantrey
Intermediate

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

then i try to logon it says already logon

What is the exact message? Is it a DFH message?

If your CEDF session is just taking a long time, you should not close your emulator - you should wait for it to complete.
If your CEDF session is permanantly stuck you will probably not be able to do anything yourself. You will have to get your sysprogs or operators (depending who deals with this at your site) to purge tasks and/or release your terminal.
Your CICS sysprogs will also be able to help you with why your task gets stuck by looking at the 'wait reasons' and other such info.
RobertL
Beginner

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the transactions you are running using CEDF are conversational, CICS is holding the resources you are using much longer than normal. If more than one person is using CEDF at the same time, you will more than likely be hanging each other up waiting for the resources that the other is using. Your transaction will hang for a very long time if the other person wanders off from their terminal while the CEDF transaction is still active (This goes for you too, if you walk away). This situation will only get worse with more people using it. My advice is, use it if you must, but GET OUT when you're done. Don't walk away while a CEDF session is in progress.
Regards,
Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: