MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to track a particular file flow in entire system

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sudhtech27
Beginner

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: How to track a particular file flow in entire system Reply with quote

Hi,

I want to find the flow of a file like in my system. Like what are all the jobs useing that file and in which MODE (shr,create). I know there is a CA7 command like list,user=*,dsn=* but this is not there in our installation. So, wanted to know is there any way?
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sudtech,

Info/X Global Cross Reference Information which is a part of PRO/JCL which is a product of Diversified Software has the ability to produce a report with all the jobs where the dataset is being used.

If your shop does not have the product, then you can do it manauly by searching the pds where the dataset is being used.

Check the 3rd post from the bottom as to how to use 3.15(Extended Search-For Utility)

Once you get the results , now manually check each for the disposition of the dataset.

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Kolusu
sudhtech27
Beginner

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kolusu! I have used Info/X cross reference in my previous work place.Info/x was much detail search till the databases level. But the present work place ,does n't have this tool. So, I am relying on 3.15 search. I thought there is some substitute for Info/X useing Rexx. Any chances of customising info/x features useing Rexx to our environment?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: