MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question regarding the Stored Procedure Call

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yugee
Beginner

Topics: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Question regarding the Stored Procedure Call Reply with quote

Hi,
I am facing a strange problem. This is the issue:
I have a program GETCNT01 which is a generic program to get the count of the records in the table. It is expecting a sequence number as input and giving back the count after executing a query.

I have a batch program UPDDTL01 which call the GETCNT01. This particular call is working fine.

I also have an SP UPDSP001 calling the same program. But it is giving SQL code=-805 in the GETCNT01 when it is executing the SQL statement.

I have a similar module GETCNT02 which is working perfectly when called from batch program as well as SP.

When I checked the SYSIB.SYSPACKAGE entries for the above two programs (GETCNT01&GETCNT02), for GETCNT02, I can find two entried but for GETCNT01 I can see only one entry.
Can some one help me with this issue.
Please let me know if more details are required.
Thanks,
Yugee
yugee
Beginner

Topics: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Some more info:
these are the entries in SYSIBM.SYSPACKAGE:
COLLID NAME
----------- ------------
CBTKTC02 GETCNT02
CSTKTC02 GETCNT02
CBTKTC02 GETCNT01
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

But it is giving SQL code=-805 in the GETCNT01 when it is executing the SQL statement.

yugee,

-805 error is a Bind error . An application program attempted to use a DBRM or package 'location-name.collection-id.dbrm-name.consistency-token' that was not
found.

I think the issue is as to how you are calling pgm GETCNT01. Is it called dynamically or statically? If it is called statically then you need to re-compile the main pgm once again.

Kolusu
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: