MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Scroll Keys

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phantom
Data Mgmt Moderator
Data Mgmt Moderator

Topics: 91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Problem with Scroll Keys Reply with quote

I have panel in which I display a Table (ISPF Tables). The Table contains 1 input field & 2 output fields.

whenever the user make any changes to the data in the input field and press enter, I will process it. Now, what actually happens is that, the user modifies one or more input field, then uses the Scroll keys to scroll down and then updates the data in the next list of fields. But, during this time (When he presses the SCroll key) the control comes back to the program and processes his changes which I don't want to do until he presses Enter key.

I tried to utilize the ZPFKEY feature but to no good, I'm unable to differentiate when the user presses ENTER key and when he presses the Scroll key, because even when the user presses Enter key, the ZPFKEY contains the last pressed Scroll key. I couldn't get any help from RC also. It either remains at 0 / 4.

How can i differentiate b/w the Enter key and any other PF key (Scroll key).

Please help me.
Mike
Beginner

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would checking .RESP help ?

E.g.
)PROC
&scroll = 'YES'
If (.RESP= ENTER)
&scroll = 'NO')

Not sure but perhaps ZPFnn ccould be used.

I would check this out and hopefully come up with soemthing, it's just that I'm really busy.
semigeezer
Supermod

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I avoid ISPF table display whenever possible, so I too don't have anything to try quickly, but how about ZVERB? Does it contain anything useful? You'll probably still need to process those rows, even if it is just setting an indicator in a hidden variable (column) in the table so that you know the field was selected.
Phantom
Data Mgmt Moderator
Data Mgmt Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

I tried .RESP as you suggested. But of no use. B'cas even if I press Scroll keys, .RESP remains as ENTER. A Combination of .RESP & ZPFnn also didn't workout.

We need to try in some other way.

Thanks,
Phantom
Data Mgmt Moderator
Data Mgmt Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Semigeezer,

Quite a good catch. I tried to use ZVERB and its working fine... Whenever Enter key is pressed it remains Blank and whenever I use the scroll keys it displays UP / DOWN.

Thanks for your suggestion. I was breaking my head for this for a long time. I was looking for this feature to be incorporated in many of my rexx utilities.

Thanks a lot,
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: