MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Max Jobcards/Max Steps/Max DD's in a JCL

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Job Control Language(JCL)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gans79
Beginner

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Max Jobcards/Max Steps/Max DD's in a JCL Reply with quote

hi,
1.what is the max of Job cards in a JCL
2.max steps in a job
3.max DD's in a job/ step
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gans79,

Since you are new in here , I will read out the rules for posting in this forum. So I hope that you will follow the rules the next time you post.

Code:

Please:

1. Search before posting!

2. Use meaningful topics (don't use the Forum name for the topic). Avoid putting "urgent" in your topics.

3. Make an effort to answer your own question before posting. You can use the Manuals Link on the main page to access Reference manuals. People here help voluntarily even though they have their own jobs to do, so be considerate of their time.

4. Post detailed information on what you're trying to accomplish. Do not make people guess what you mean. This will give you a much better chance of getting a good answer to your question.

5. Post your question only once and in only one forum. When you post the same question in multiple forums, you can cause confusion and frustration for the people that are attempting to help you.

6. Feel free to ignore questions you think are silly, vague or do not make sense. Do not feel free to make fun of the poster (we were all beginners once).

7. Provide feedback to members who try to help you. Please do not substitute "Thanks in advance" for feedback.

I am editing the topic title to reflect your questions.

Code:

1.what is the max of Job cards in a JCL

You can have as many as you want and each job card is going to run as a seperate job.

Code:

2.max steps in a job

A job can have a maximum of 255 job steps

Check this link which explains in detail about the exec statement.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IEA2B631/16.0?DT=20030423085347

Code:

3.max DD's in a job/ step

The maximum number of DD statements per job step is 3273, based on the number of Single DD statements allowed for a TIOT (task input output table) control block size of 64K. This limit can be different depending on the installation-defined TIOT size. The IBM-supplied default TIOT size is 32K.

Check this link which explains in detail about the DD statement.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IEA2B631/12.1.1?SHELF=&DT=20030423085347&CASE=

Hope this helps...

Cheers

kolusu
gans79
Beginner

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi kolusu,
Thanx for the response, and i will adhere to the rules of the forum.

Is there any easy way to search for specific questions, bcoz i was not able to locate answers for my question. before posting it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Job Control Language(JCL) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: