MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Program Name versus Member Name

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dibakar
Advanced

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Program Name versus Member Name Reply with quote

1 I name the source member as PROG1 but inside the program I name it as PROG2. I assemble and linkedit PROG1 and in my loadlib a member PROG1 is created but when I browse it I find the text PROG2 and not PROG1. Where does this text 'PROG2' come from because in my code or the assembler listing PROG2 is just a label, it is not saved anywhere by the code?

2 I execute and abend this program (PROG1) and in the abend log I see PROG1 but PROG2 doesn't appear anywhere. Where does PROG1 come from when the load module doesn't have the text PROG1. And why didn't PROG2 appear in dump.

This is assembler code. I have not checked the same for cobol.

Thanks,
Diba.
nevilh
Beginner

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PROG1 is program name
PROG2 is CSECT name

When you browse the contents of the program you will see the CSECT name as this will be stored by LInkage editor / Binder

If you have a dump you have a dump from the program, it is not interested in individual csects within the program
Dibakar
Advanced

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot nevilh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: