MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IDMS status code 0370

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
to_agrawals
Beginner

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: IDMS status code 0370 Reply with quote

Hi Team,
Does anyone have any idea about IDMS error code 0370..? The explaination I got for IDMS error code 03-70 is "File will not open properly. DMCL page size does not match physical block-size of data set on disk ".

Any clues..??

Thanks
Saurabh
mayuresh.tendulkar
Beginner

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to_agrawals,

DML Function:
FIND/OBTAIN

Explanation: File will not open properly. DMCL page size does not match physical block-size of data set on disk

User Response:
1) DMCL page size does not match physical block-size of data set on disk
2) Wrong DDNAME or data set name in the JCL of a local mode job or utility (i.e. a valid ddname may point to an existing data set name, but one that is not valid for that ddname).
3) A journal file will not open properly. In a local mode job, the journal DD statement might be missing.
4) For NATIVE VSAM files -check that the cluster was properly defined using IDCAMS and that the 'control interval contains' clause was correctly specified in the DMCL. May also be insufficient storage (REGION SIZE) for VSAM control blocks to be loaded.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Mayuresh Tendulkar
to_agrawals
Beginner

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
It seems that you have pasted the result of the errorassit. I have also seen these reasons. I tried to change the blocksize of uotput file as 4096K and 2048K but the error persists. If you have actually come across this error, please guide me through.
Thanks
Saurabh
vkrishna2001
Beginner

Topics: 18

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Increasing the blocksize of output will not help. Contact your DBAs and see whether they can help you in this regard. If the cause is a difference between block size specified in DMCL and physical file block size then it is definitely DBAs who can correct this problem.

Regards,
Vijayakrishna
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Database All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: